Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 259

Today is Wednesday, the 16th of 2023.

The day after Oppenheimer...
WHAAAT?
Asked the tiger... You know, the one from Riga.

Didn't some strange leader once kill a tiger?
STOP thinking, brain.

πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…
πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…
πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…
πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…


"Rise And Rule (She Was Born In Bromford)"

She was born in Bromford
She was raised by the Ohio
Her life was full of vile explosion
Ever so

She turned to God and posed a question
"What can I do with the cards I'm dealt?"
She looked hard and wild at God's creations
"I can make a new way," is how she felt

She yanked her dreams down from above her
She looked a monster right in the eye
She said, "My children won't see me suffer
They'll see me rise and rule before I die"

From scratch she carved a woman's vision
But was beat down again and again
She used her hands, she used her troubles
God took her mind, God took her men

She lay confined for years in silence
Unembraced by everyone
Did she lose her faith? I'm here to sing to you
She didn't lose a thing, she passed it on

She built a garden, she drew a drawing
She looked her shadow right in its eye
She said, "My children won't see me suffer
They'll see me rise and rule before I die"

Kids will play, kids will wander
Every day farther from home
Hold us close, mother and father
Friends, don't leave our friends alone

We roll in waves at Makapu'u
While those afraid sit on the shore
We roam the roads, we follow clues to
Where we've never been before

We build a fire, scream at a star
While the laughter rolls sweetly by
Holes in our lives, and still we are
Going to rise and rule before we die

When our body's turned to cinder
And our names are rarely said
And I wonder, do our friends ponder
How we are, now we are dead?

Wounds are healed so forcefully
And as we think of the deceased
When we say thanks around our table
We say their names with some relief
We skip their names with some relief

They melt away like heat and moon drops
Into a space in black beyond
She comes in colors even there
And so she'll rise and rule, now her burden's gone




4 comments:

  1. One hell of a hot spot to be these days...
    Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Rise And Rule (She Was Born In Honolulu)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honolulo... Can somebody please check the statistics? Anybody?

    388 songs about 190 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Eden IIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Paris IIII
    Seattle IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Las Vegas III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Oklahoma I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolula I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete