Sunday, May 28, 2023

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 249

Today is Sunday, the 28th of May 2023.

I wish you a lot of petrichor for Pentecost,
said the the piglet blowing its' pig's snout.

🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽
🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽
🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽
🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽



"Welcome To Fabulous Bromford"

Woke up in the rusted frame of a burned out old DeVille
Your legs are shot and they're flushed with pain
But you can't keep 'em still
The sun sets and you're afraid of that itching in your skin

You stumble down the boulevard of neon encrusted temple
You're looking for the grace of God in the arms of a fellow stranger
Disciples hand you catalogs of concubines
As you stumble down the boulevard crying "Hosanna"

Welcome to fabulous
Welcome to fabulous Bromford
Give us your dreamers, your harlots and your sin
Bromford
Didn't nobody tell you the house will always win?

Cameras on the ceiling tile, no place for you to hide
It's a hundred seven and you're looking for shade that
No palm tree can provide

But there's a little girl you remember back in Tennessee
You have this reoccurring dream
Where you see her playing hide-and-seek
With a woman who used to know you very well

Sunsets in neon lights
Call girls in neon lights
Blackjack and lady luck
Cocaine and lady luck

You call upon her on holy knees tonight in Bromford
Give us your dreamers,
Your harlots and your sin
Bromford

Didn't nobody tell you?
Didn't nobody tell you?
Didn't nobody tell you?
The house will always win.




3 comments:

  1. Vi Va Vas? πŸ˜†
    Brandon Flowers - Welcome To Fabulous Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  2. 378 songs about 187 different cities (and places).

    Las Vegas climbs 21 ranks into the TOP 30...

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Eden IIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Memphis IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Paris IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Seattle III
    Miami III
    Las Vegas III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Oklahoma I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Dallas I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete