Wednesday, November 30, 2022

P acifications …

»What is this supposed to mean?« Nigel says.

»Why don't you follow the map's instructions«, asks Kylie, »and take a step forward?«
 
And Professor Sideburns is taking a ridiculously wide step from the elevator cabin into the storage room. Within a second we assemble behind his back looking over his shoulders on the green treasure map.
 
»Hey!« Nigel exclaims. »The arrows are changing directions.«
 
After shaking and wavering for a short time the arrows on the map have turned and are now pointing to our left side.
 
ß
ß._.ß._.ß
ßß._._._ß_._._.ßß
ß._.ß._.ß
ß
|

»So this map has become some kind of a compass now?« the animal grumbles. »Or what is going on here?«
 
I let first my eyes and finally my entire body follow the arrows. They are pointing to that one space of the storage room walls - besides the one next to the light switch where the door used to be - that is not covered in shelves. With outstretched hand im going closer to the roughly bricked wall. I can almost sense the breathes of the others in my neck - so close they are. Now my forefinger is touching the stone.
 
»This is a normal solid wall…«, I am beginning my sentence when suddenly my fingertip is sinking into the wall as if it wasn't there. I am pulling back my forefinger. Did I feel something? Was it tickling? Did I sense a cold chill? Carefully I am approaching the wall again.
 
The fingertip of my forefinger disappears into the bricks as it seams, and now my whole right hand.
 
»Beware!« I can hear Kylie scream.
 
And Nigel shouts out, »How cool is this?«
 
They are close, too close, Kylie, Nigel, the professor and the llama. They are touching and now pushing me forward. At the same time the wall is developing a strong and strange suction function.
 
Hold me back, I want to shout out reaching my not yet sucked in hand behind me, but the wall already has my whole arm and now I am losing contact to the ground. I am falling, floating and finally flying with the others near by.
 
And suddenly the whole world bursts into a bright white flash … back …

🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶
🔶
🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶
🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶
🔶
🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶


Today is Wednesday, the 30th November 2022.


Flashback

No comments:

Post a Comment