Wednesday, June 01, 2022

R abbles …

»Me, I'm just a lawn mower. You can tell me by the way I walk.«

»Finally found your purpose, Burnside?«

»Sideburns, my name is Sideburns.«

»Ah, shut up, Burnside, shut up!«

»Why are you so unfriendly, animal? Don't you like your former professor for archaelogy?«

»He always hated me«, the llama says »I never got good grades, no matter how hard I worked.«

»I do not remember teaching a cameloid animal, you know«, the so-called Professor Sideburns says. »In fact I actually doubt ever teaching a cameloid animal. And please call me Claude, Claude Sideburns.«

»Llama, the animal I like to call animal?« I ask the llama.

»Yes, Bromford, the dude I like to call dude?« replies the llama.

»You know that simply naming a character does not really characterize a character, you know?«

»But I can also describe this Burnside dude.«

»Shouldn't I as author of this blockblog do this?«

»As you wish, your authorical highness, as you wish.«

»Treasure maps are kind of my field of experice, you know?« Claude Sideburns says.

Llama and I are looking at the slender man with the suntanned skin that contrasts with his long white hair and his bushy mustache. He is wearing a beige-white two-parted suit with a buttoned-up jacket and a pith helmet with a mosquito-net-like veil. And he keeps on pushing his round glasses back up because they do not want to stop sliding down his long, crooked nose.

Claude Sideburns is shaking his head.

»Reads like the clichést of all clichés of an archaelogist from the early 1920s, if you want my opinion.«

»1920s, cool. Did you meet Tutankhamun in Egypt back then, Burnside?«

The llama is putting one front-leg around the professor's shoulder.

»This isn't getting any better«, I whisper to myself.

»Art, folks. This is art!« the llama exclaims.

🕘


Today is Wednesday, the 1st of June 2022.

The dream of the lawnmower.

No comments:

Post a Comment