Friday, July 31, 2020

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 118




Today is Friday, the 31st of July 2020.

There is no standard disclaimer for this Friday City Quiz ...

Well, deal with it!


"Bromford Deep"

I won't see you `till Christmas
I breathe coal dust, I get blisters
But the foreman he don't worry
He say work boy there's no hurry
Don't that big red sun
Look a lot like fire
When you come out of the ground
After forty eight hours

Going down down down down down
Going down in Bromford deep
Going down down down down down
There's no mercy in my sleep
I just hear that drill and hammer
I feel the killing heat
Going two miles down to the heart
Of Bromford deep

I was born on amen corner
I pound rock face, I get lonely
But my family they go hungry
Sill the boss man he call us lazy
Don't the old blue heaven
Look a lot like your eyes
When you're blinded by the brightness
Of the Transvaal sky



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And Durban it is ---

      Elton John - Durban Deep

      Delete
    2. Durban, South Africa

      170 songs about 84 different cities (and places).

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I) ***

      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood III)
      Berlin IIIIIII
      London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      Amsterdam IIIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      Bethlehem IIII
      New Orleans III
      Memphis III
      Budapest II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Warsaw II
      Rome II
      Manchester II
      Philadelphia II
      Hong Kong II
      Tijuana II
      Paris II
      Jerusalem II
      Houston II
      Acapulco II
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Pompeii I
      Chicago I
      Waterloo I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      West Palm Beach I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Washington I
      Gloucester I
      Calgary I
      Seattle I
      Blackfield I
      Omaha I
      Gainesville I
      Santiago I
      Saint Malo I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Brownsville I
      Mason City I
      Benton I
      San Jacinto I
      Cairo I
      Grafton I
      Istanbul I
      Belfast I
      Nazareth I
      Aurora I
      Moscow I
      Durango I
      Donkey Town I
      Key West I
      Laredo I
      Durban I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete