Friday, July 10, 2020

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 115



Today is Friday, the 10th of July 2020.

Good News and Bad News ...

Bad News of the day ...
The Saint Bernard is dead ...

And now the Good News ...



"Goin' To Bromford"

I’m going down to Rose Marie’s
She never does me wrong
She puts it to me plain as day
And gives it to me for a song

It’s a wicked life but what the hell
The stars ain’t falling down
I’m standing outside the Taj Mahal
I don’t see no one around

Goin’ to Bromford–goin’ on the run
Goin’ down to see fat gut–goin’ to have some fun
Yeah–goin’ to have some fun

Now, whenever I get up
And I ain’t got what I see
I just make it down to Rose Marie’s
’Bout a quarter after three

There are worse ways of getting there
And I ain’t complainin’ none
If the clouds don’t drop and the train don’t stop
I’m bound to meet the sun

Goin’ to Bromford–goin’ on the run
Goin’ down to see fat gut–goin’ to have some fun
Yeah–goin’ to have some fun

Now, if someone offers me a joke
I just say no thanks
I try to tell it like it is
And keep away from pranks

Well, sometime you know when the well breaks down
I just go pump on it some
Rose Marie, she likes to go to big places
And just set there waitin’ for me to come

Goin’ to Bromford–goin’ on the run
Goin’ down to see fat gut–goin’ to have some fun
Yeah–goin’ to have some fun



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Bob Dylan & The Band - Goin' To Acapulco

      Goin' loco down in Acapulco ... :D

      Delete
    2. Second point for Acapulco. Plus 31 ranks ...

      167 songs about 81 different cities (and places).

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I) ***

      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood III)
      Berlin IIIIIII
      London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      Amsterdam IIIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      Bethlehem IIII
      New Orleans III
      Memphis III
      Budapest II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Warsaw II
      Rome II
      Manchester II
      Philadelphia II
      Hong Kong II
      Tijuana II
      Paris II
      Jerusalem II
      Houston II
      Acapulco II
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Pompeii I
      Chicago I
      Waterloo I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      West Palm Beach I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Washington I
      Gloucester I
      Calgary I
      Seattle I
      Blackfield I
      Omaha I
      Gainesville I
      Santiago I
      Saint Malo I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Brownsville I
      Mason City I
      Benton I
      San Jacinto I
      Cairo I
      Grafton I
      Istanbul I
      Belfast I
      Nazareth I
      Aurora I
      Moscow I
      Durango I
      Donkey Town I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      🦙🦙🦙

      Delete