Friday, July 03, 2020

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 114


. . .


T o d a y  i s  F r i d a y ,  t h e  3 r d  o f  J u l y  2 0 2 0 . . . 
T o d a y  i s  o u r  I n d e p e n d e n c e  D a y ! ! !


I have got a new companion. His name is Suparoo! He is a kangaroo with a red cape and a pouch. I should remember to take a and post a foto of him one day. Or of her? Do male kangaroos have a pouch? On very shakey ground I am moving here - in more than one sense. Hurray to my cup of tea ... 🦘🦘🦘



"Bromford Town"

I've been around in Bromford Town
too long baby too long
Checking out of Bromford Town
So long, so long, so long

Her pretty eyes are pretty still
But Jim's got a kind of a squint Yeah
I dug up my last check from out of the mine
Now I feel like I've done my stint
Jim got an army pension
When he walked from the military corps
No body ever mentioned
The medical report


She does little things for me
She likes to get the both of us high. Yeah
She says I'm a tender-hearted man
Prince charming, yeah, sure, I'm the guy
He likes the wrecker's dogs on chains
and the smoke from the company fires
diesel oil in the trucks and cranes
And the smell of burning tires

But I've been around in Bromford Town
Too long, baby, too long
Checking out of Bromford Town
So long, so long, so long

There's a purple heart in a silver tin
and a grey .45 in a drawer. Yeah
Most of the time you can drink with him
but some other time he's just sore
On days when she says she can't think straight
Or she feels like she's getting the jumps
She'll go shoot off her .38
At cans on a Bromford Town dump

It was Friday late and she crossed those legs
She told me flat out she would. Yeah
If I could pull up my trailer pegs
We could get away together for good
I sure wish her the best of luck
She's going to need it thinking of Jim
I don't like to leave her stuck
But she's near as bad as him

But I've been around in Bromford Town
too long baby too long
Checking out of Bromford Town
So long, so long, so long
Checking out of Bromford Town
So long, so long, so long


C I T I E S  A R E  O N L Y  B I G  V I L L A G E S ! ! !
I N  Y O U R  F A C E ! ! !


3 comments:

  1. Donkey town. And that place really excist. *oh wonder*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never dare to use a town or village or place that does not exist ... }]

      Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris - Donkey Town

      Delete
    2. HEY! Stop that, beaver-boy! You do not need a Superoo. You have got me, the super llama, the most super of all companions. I am not amused, dude. ☹


      Donkey Town... Whatever...

      166 songs about 81 different cities (and places).

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I) ***

      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood III)
      Berlin IIIIIII
      London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      Amsterdam IIIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      Bethlehem IIII
      New Orleans III
      Memphis III
      Budapest II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Warsaw II
      Rome II
      Manchester II
      Philadelphia II
      Hong Kong II
      Tijuana II
      Paris II
      Jerusalem II
      Houston II
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Pompeii I
      Chicago I
      Waterloo I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      West Palm Beach I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Washington I
      Gloucester I
      Acapulco I
      Calgary I
      Seattle I
      Blackfield I
      Omaha I
      Gainesville I
      Santiago I
      Saint Malo I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Brownsville I
      Mason City I
      Benton I
      San Jacinto I
      Cairo I
      Grafton I
      Istanbul I
      Belfast I
      Nazareth I
      Aurora I
      Moscow I
      Durango I
      Donkey Town I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      🦙🦙🦙

      Delete