Thursday, March 28, 2019

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 51


Today is Thursday, the 28th of March 2019.

Not really. Yesterday felt like Thursday but it was Wednesday. And now it's one of those days, you know...


"The City / Bromford"

Where are you now, my friend?
Pulling your bike past their windows again?
You know they won't let you in
You don't change the city
The city changes you

Where are you now, my love?
Still in the war with the Aphrodite Mob?
What was I thinking of?
You don't change the city
The city changes you

Under the lights
You fall into the rythm
You close your eyes
You don't see the shadows
Your shadow watches you

Where did it go, my love?
A mere song that echoed from the rooftops above
I've given all but I won't give up
You don't touch the magic
The magic touches you

When you close your eyes
And fall into the rythm
Under the lights
You don't see your shadows
Your shadows is watching you

Someday I have to say goodbye
To the city that moved me, confused me and soothed me
Someday I have to say goodbye to Bromford

I'm flying over Bromford
On a cold November night
The river snakes across the vast ocean of electric lights
The city is a living creature all on its own
And we all push like blood through its veins
So close together
So alone



3 comments:

  1. This was not easy... The City (London Lyrics)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This song and the lyrics are from

      Tina Dico - The City / London

      I don't know how many copyrights (c) I am violating here.

      Go and listen to that song! Buy that song! Stream that song!

      You are right, AB, as always, you are right. :D :D :D

      Delete
    2. Statistics come when you least expect them...


      79 songs about 47 different cities (and places):

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan III and Chelsea I) ***

      Los Angeles IIIIII (including Hollywood II)
      Berlin IIIIII
      Amsterdam IIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      London III (including Londinium I)
      Budapest II
      Bethlehem II
      Manchester I
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Rome I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Memphis I
      Babylon I (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      Warsaw I
      West Palm Beach I
      New Orleans I
      Hong Kong I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Jerusalem I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I

      Not even a (real) city or place:
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete