Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Do Wolverines Wear Mittens?


Today is Wednesday, the 6th of March 2019.

Kylie is calling from Michigan.

Last Monday they took a boat over Lake Michigan from Chicago, Illinois, to Springfield, Michigan, Kylie, the llama and Bob.

Today is the Wednesday of Ashes as Queen Sieglinde I. called it in Finland which is located in Central Europe, as Bob says.

Last Monday, he says, was the Monday of Roses, Finland's and Central Europe's greatest Mardi Gras holiday explorer Gustav Thorwaldson brought to the United States of New India back in the days when he returned for the second or third time with his mighty ship Hulda.

The people of Michigan call this special time of year The Holidays of Carnival which is Finnish for Say-Bye-Bye-To-Meat-Feast, Bob announces in his narrator and presentator voice.

Oh, that is amazing, Bob, I can hear Kylie squeak in a high pitched voice. It is so interesting and fantastic.

In Carnival times, Bob goes on, all people of New India and in the Old World turn into marching bands with colourful and funny uniforms. In every town and city there are great parades. The marching bands are playing their drums and trumpets and all women who have turned into spagating cheerleaders are throwing sweets and candys and pearls at the spectators in the streets.

In honor of Queen Sieglinde I. and Gustav Thorwaldson there are parties and orgies everywhere till the next Friday, the 13th.

Oh, you are such a smart and clever man, Bob, Kylie sighs.

Enough is enough, I can hear the llama call at the other end of the line. You are a history faker, Bob.

Please be quiet, my dear animal, Bob says calmly. You are not supposed to talk, anyway.

Mardi Gras was yesterday, on Tuesday. The llama seams not want to be quiet. And it is a great holiday in New Orleans, Louisiana, not in Springfield, Michigan. Finland is not in Central Europe and Gustav Thorwaldson did not discover New India in behalf of an imaginary Queen Sieglinde I..

My dear Kylie, I can hear Bob say, don't you think your travelling companion needs another lesson.

There is a rumbling noise on the other side of the telephone line. And I can hear the llama say breathlessly, what is going on? What are you doing with those ropes? No. Stay away from me…

I have to go now, I can hear Kylie say. And she hangs up the phone.

Lllama? Llamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???

My own voice and cry give me the chills.




No comments:

Post a Comment