Friday, September 20, 2019

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 77


Today is Friday, the 20th of September 2019.

- I am a 21st Century Schizoid Man.

# And what is new about that, dude?

- Nothing, animal. Absolutely nothing at all.

"Bromford"

Sivan from Brooklyn is staring at her space grey iPhone
looking for the Rua da Glória
while Josh is in an Uber heading downtown
he's gonna meet her at the airb'n'b

and it's raining in Lisbon
down on the streetlights, the bakeries and tram cars
and I'm just waiting for my ticket
to take me back to where I can see the night stars

Dragging your suitcase down cobblestone streets
the wheels they make a terrible sound
checking directions on Google maps
it's a normal Thursday evening in a tourist town, but ..

I'm going back, I'm going home to Bromford
so put the kettle on and meet me at the front door, love
cause I'm heading out I'm diggin' deep down inside
I've had enough of the global travellers

Tom from Newcastle is on a Ryan Air flight
that cost less than the Starbucks coffee he had at the airport in London
and it‘s so lonely in Barcelona
but just like the folks at Plata Bar he's only passing thru

Trawling his Pierre Cardin's down cobblestone streets
the wheels they make a terrible sound
he's posting pictures on his Instagram feed
it's just a normal Friday nite in this tourist town, so ..

I'm going back, I'm going home to Bromford
so put the kettle on and meet me at the front door, love
cause I'm heading out I'm going deep down inside
I'm so tired of the digital nomads

I'm driving back, I'm going home to Bromford
so leave the kettle on and meet me at the front door, love
cause I'm heading home I'm going deep down inside
I've had enough of the global travellers.



3 comments:

  1. “WILHELMSBURG” – EIN LIED ZUM WELTTOURISMUSTAG
    Was es nicht alles gibt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAAAT?
      It's only a district of Hamburg, I think... Or did the Dirk sell it?

      Dirk Darmstaedter - Wilhelmsburg

      Delete

    2. 105 songs about 58 different cities (and places).

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIII and Chelsea I) ***

      Los Angeles IIIIIIII (including Hollywood II)
      Berlin IIIIIII
      London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      Amsterdam IIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      Bethlehem III
      Budapest II
      New Orleans II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Memphis II
      Warsaw II
      Rome II
      Manchester I
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      West Palm Beach I
      Hong Kong I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Jerusalem I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Washington I
      Gloucester I
      Acapulco I
      Hamburg I (including Wilhelmsburg I)

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete