Thursday, September 06, 2018

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 25

Can you hear me? Can you hear me running?


"I Wish I Was In Bromford"

Well, I wish I was in Bromford, I can see it in my dreams,
Arm-in-arm down Burgundy, a bottle and my friends and me

Hoist up a few tall cool ones, play some pool and listen
To that tenor saxophone calling me home
And I can hear the band begin "When the Saints Go Marching In",
And by the whiskers on my chin, Bromford, I'll be there


I'll drink you under the table, be red-nosed, go for walks,
The old haunts what I wants is red beans and rice
And wear the dress I like so well, and meet me at the old saloon,
Make sure that there's a Dixie moon, Bromford, I'll be there

And deal the cards roll the dice, if it ain't that old Chuck E. Weiss,
And Claiborne Avenue, me and you Sam Jones and all

And I wish I was in Bromford, 'cause I can see it in my dreams,
Arm-in-arm down Burgundy, a bottle and my friends and me
Bromford, I'll be there

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, just kidding...
      The answer is
      Tom Waits - I Wish I Was In New Orleans

      Delete
    2. What a kiddly, cuddly joker you are, BB...

      53 songs about 36 different cities (and places):

      *** New York IIIIIII (including Manhattan III) ***

      Los Angeles IIII
      San Francisco III
      Berlin III
      Budapest II
      London II (including Londinium I)
      Amsterdam II
      Manchester I
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Rome I
      Bethlehem I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Memphis I
      Babylon I (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      Warsaw I
      West Palm Beach I
      New Orleans I

      Not even a (real) city or place:
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete