Sunday, October 30, 2022

N adirs …


0
1._.2._.3
● 4._._._5_._._.6 ●
7._.8._.9
E

|


»What is that slot underneath the E-xecute button?« the archaeologist repeats his question.

»That's the keyhole, you mormon«, the llama replies.

»I think you wanted to call him a moron not a Mormon, KussKuss«, Kylie remarks. »And please stop insulting Professort Sideburns.«

»The penthouse«, I begin to explain, »is the only storey of the apartment-house on 666, Whitaker Lane, you can reach directly with the elevator.«

»Besides the stairs«, Nigel adds.

»Thank you, Nigel«, I say kind of distracted. »Yes, you can reach every storey and every apartment by stairs as well as by elevator. But the penthouse is the only apartment the elevator doors open directly inside.«

»The other apartments and storeys have corridors you can reach with the elevator and by stairs. But these apartments also have separate entrance doors«, Kylie says.

»Thank you, Kylie«, I say. »Storey One to Fifteen you can reach by entering the number on the elevator panel. To reach the penthouse on the roof of the building you have to enter a key in the slot and turn it around. You really do not want to have every visitor standing directly in the hallway of your penthouse, you know.«

»Oh«, the animal is trying to mock me, »the fine Lord Bibble has got his own penthouse with his own elevator entrance and his own special golden key to the kingdom.«

Oh, shut up, I say in my head.

»That is kind of what I expected«, the professor says thoughtfully.

We are both kneeling infront of the elevator panel exchanging glances now.

»Do you think what I think?« I ask.

»You will have to press the two new button…«, Professor Sideburns begins.

»… and turn the elevator key«, I finish the sentence.

»But isn't the elevator still broken?« Nigel asks.

»Where is the key, animal?« I ask ignoring Nigel.

»What am I, dude?« The llama seams to be upset. »I am your roommate not your keykeeper, human!«

»Just thought you had it in your pouch somehow«, I say.

»What am I, dude?« the animal replies not less upset. »I am a llama not a kangaroo. I do not have an attached pouch and I am not carrying one aroung all the times.«

»Where is the key?« I repeat my question. »Everybody spread out and search!«

The only one remaining inside the elevator cabin is Nigel.

»But isn't the elevator still broken, is it?« he is repeating and whispering his question.

🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷
🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

Today is Sunday, the 30th of October 2022.


Locke & Key

No comments:

Post a Comment