Sunday, September 27, 2020

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 127

Today is Sunday, the 27th of September 2020.

Travelling with a phone booth through time and space and they are not Doctor Who.
What movie is it?
But this is not a movie quiz. This is a song quiz. The first song quiz in autumn.


 



"First Snow On Bromford"



I flew in on the evening plane.

Is it such a good idea that I am here again?

And I could cut my cold breath with a knife.

And taste the winter of another life.



A yellow cab from JFK, the long way round.

I didn't mind: gave me thinking time before I ran aground

On rocky memories and choking tears.

I believe it only rained round here in thirty years.



Now, it's the first snow on Bromford and my cold feet are drumming.

You don't see me in the shadows from your cozy window frame.

And last night, who was in your parlour wrapping presents in the late hour

To place upon your pillow as the morning came?



Thin wind stings my face: pull collar up.

I could murder coffee in a grande cup.

No welcome deli; there's no Starbucks here.

A dime for a quick phone call could cost me dear.



And the first snow on Bromford paints a Christmas card upon the pavement.

The cab leaves a disappearing trace and then it's gone.

And the snow covers my footprints, deep regrets and heavy heartbeats.

When you wake you'll never see the spot that I was standing on.



Some things are best forgotten: some are better half-remembered.

I just thought that I might be there on your, on your Christmas night.

And the first snow on Bromford makes a lonely road to travel -

Cold crunch steps that echo as the blizzard bites.



3 comments:

  1. Whatever... It's always New York...

    Jethro Tull - First Snow On Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of hate it when it is like this ...

      179 songs about 90 different cities (and places).

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I and Brooklyn I) ***

      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood III)
      Berlin IIIIIII
      London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      Amsterdam IIIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      Bethlehem IIII
      New Orleans III
      Memphis III
      Philadelphia III
      Budapest II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Warsaw II
      Rome II
      Manchester II
      Hong Kong II
      Tijuana II
      Paris II
      Jerusalem II
      Houston II
      Acapulco II
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Pompeii I
      Chicago I
      Waterloo I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      West Palm Beach I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Washington I
      Gloucester I
      Calgary I
      Seattle I
      Blackfield I
      Omaha I
      Gainesville I
      Santiago I
      Saint Malo I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Brownsville I
      Mason City I
      Benton I
      San Jacinto I
      Cairo I
      Grafton I
      Istanbul I
      Belfast I
      Nazareth I
      Aurora I
      Moscow I
      Durango I
      Donkey Town I
      Key West I
      Laredo I
      Durban I
      Bangkok I
      Bowenville I
      Woodstock I
      Shanghai I
      Kalispell I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I
      Atlantis I

      🦙🦙🦙

      Delete