Sunday, September 20, 2020

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 126

 Today is Sunday, the 20th of September 2020.
Time to drop another bomb. A time bomb. Or a quiz bomb.

Come back and empty your mailbox and your pockets.
Are they full of sand? Or full of water?
Way down below the ocean where I want to be she may be...


"Bromford"

The continent of Bromford was an island
which lay before the great flood
in the area we now call the Atlantic Ocean.
So great an area of land, that from her western shores
those beautiful sailors journeyed
to the South and the North Americas with ease,
in their ships with painted sails.

To the East Africa was a neighbour,
across a short strait of sea miles. 
The great Egyptian age is but a remnant of The Bromfordian culture.
The antediluvian kings colonised the world 
All the Gods who play in the mythological dramas
In all legends from all lands were from fair Bromford.

Knowing her fate, Bromford sent out ships to all corners of the Earth.
On board were the Twelve:
The poet, the physician, the farmer, the scientist, 
The magician and the other so-called Gods of our legends.
Though Gods they were -
And as the elders of our time choose to remain blind
Let us rejoice and let us sing and dance and ring in the new

Hail Bromford!

Way down below the ocean where I want to be she may be,
Way down below the ocean where I want to be she may be,
Way down below the ocean where I want to be she may be.
Way down below the ocean where I want to be she may be,
Way down below the ocean where I want to be she may be.
My antediluvian baby, oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah,
I want to see you some day
My antediluvian baby, oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah,
My antediluvian baby,
My antediluvian baby, I love you, girl,
Girl, I want to see you some day.
My antediluvian baby, oh yeah
I want to see you some day, oh
My antediluvian baby.
My antediluvian baby, I want to see you
My antediluvian baby, gotta tell me where she gone
I want to see you some day
Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, oh yeah
Oh glub glub, down down, yeah
My antediluvian baby, oh yeah yeah yeah yeah 




3 comments:

  1. Atlantis. imaginary island.
    Didn't hear that song in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atlantis is the capitol of Zamonien ... ore something like that ...

    Donovan - Atlantis

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOT A REAL CITY ... AGAIN ... 🙄🙄🙄

    178 songs about 90 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I) ***

    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood III)
    Berlin IIIIIII
    London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
    Amsterdam IIIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Bethlehem IIII
    New Orleans III
    Memphis III
    Philadelphia III
    Budapest II
    Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Warsaw II
    Rome II
    Manchester II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Paris II
    Jerusalem II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    Galway I
    Malice I
    San José I
    Barcelona I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Chicago I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Baltimore I
    Montgomery I
    Detroit I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Washington I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Seattle I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Belfast I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Moscow I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Shanghai I
    Kalispell I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Albion I
    Gomorrah I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete