Friday, August 28, 2020

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 122

 
Today is Friday, the 28th of August 2020.
End of August, already? How can a year like this pass so quickly?
And how can this be good or bad?
 

 



"Bromford"

I came upon a child of god
He was walking along the road
And I asked him, where are you going
And this he told me

I‘m going on down to Yasgur's farm
I‘m going to join in a rock ‘n' roll band
I've got to get back to the land
And set my soul free

We are stardust
We are goldenAnd we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

Then can i walk beside you
I have come here to lose the smog
And i feel to be a cog in something turning
Well maybe it is just the time of year
Or maybe it's the time of man
I don't know who I am
But you know life is for learning

We are stardust
We are goldenAnd we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

By the time we got to Bromford
We were half a million strong
And everywhere there was song and celebration
And i dreamed i saw the bombers
Riding shotgun in the sky
And they were turning into butterflies
Above our nation

We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

3 comments:

  1. Knock, Knock...
    Who's there?
    Jimi.
    Jimi Who?

    Jimi Hendrix - Woodstock
    (Doing a cover version...) :D

    ReplyDelete

  2. 🐥 I only know one Woodstock. Snoopy's buddy Woodstock. 🐥

    174 songs about 87 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I) ***

    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood III)
    Berlin IIIIIII
    London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
    Amsterdam IIIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Bethlehem IIII
    New Orleans III
    Memphis III
    Philadelphia III
    Budapest II
    Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Warsaw II
    Rome II
    Manchester II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Paris II
    Jerusalem II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    Galway I
    Malice I
    San José I
    Barcelona I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Chicago I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Baltimore I
    Montgomery I
    Detroit I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Washington I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Seattle I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Belfast I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Moscow I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Albion I
    Gomorrah I
    Essex I
    Idaho I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete