Thursday, April 04, 2019

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 52

Today is Thursday, the 4th of April 2019.

April? Who is April Stevens? I think I once knew a girl with that name.

Maybe she was a girl from that town in that song...


"Angel From Bromford"

Named after my mother
My old man is another
Child that's grown old
If dreams were lightning
And thunder were desire
This old house would have burnt down
A long time ago

Make me an angel that flies from Bromford
Make me a poster of an old rodeo
Just give me one thing that I can hold on to
To believe in this livin' is just a hard way to go

When I was a young girl
I had me a cowboy
He weren't much to look at
Just a free ramblin' man
But that was a long time
And no matter how I try
The years just flow by
Like a broken down dam

There's flies in the kitchen
I can hear 'em in there buzzin'
And I ain't done nothin'
Since I woke up today
How the hell can a person
Go to work in the mornin'
Come home in the evenin'
And have nothin' to say?

Make me an angel that flies from Bromford
Make me a poster of an old rodeo
Just give me one thing that I can hold on to
To believe in this livin' is just a hard way to go


3 comments:

  1. Montgomery. Wasn't the Lama there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows where the llama is ... :P

      John Denver - Angel From Montgomery

      Delete
    2. I am nowhere. I am tired...


      80 songs about 48 different cities (and places):

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan III and Chelsea I) ***

      Los Angeles IIIIII (including Hollywood II)
      Berlin IIIIII
      Amsterdam IIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      London III (including Londinium I)
      Budapest II
      Bethlehem II
      Manchester I
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Rome I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Memphis I
      Babylon I (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      Warsaw I
      West Palm Beach I
      New Orleans I
      Hong Kong I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Jerusalem I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I

      Not even a (real) city or place:
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete