Sunday, April 21, 2019

Do Pelicans Deliver Babies?


Today is Sunday, the 21st of April 2019.

Easter, here again, a time for the blind to see…

Kylie is calling from Louisiana. The capital of Louisiana is Baton Rouge not New Orleans, Kylie says.

What, the llama asks, Baton Rouge is no strange face powder make-up? Hey girl, pass me that Baton Rouge my cheeks are too pale. Sounds like rubbish to me not like the capital city of L'état de Louisiane.

Where have you been the past two weeks, I ask.

On the road, Kylie says.

I started worrying when you started talking about flerkens, I say. Do you still think that KussKuss, the llama is an alien?

No, Kylie says, or better it does not matter. Since you invented the walking and talking llama for your blockblog I do not have to care whether this invention is an unnatural animal or some kind of alien lifeform.

He did not invent me, the llama shouts in the background.

The animal is right, I say. It was my neighour when it moved into apartment 24 in 666 Whitaker Lane all these years ago and later tricked me into letting it move into the penthouse with me. Are we friends? Are we foes? I do not know.

Give me that phone, woman, I can hear the llama say. And than closer to my ear, confess, dude. This Kylie woman is an invention of yours. Or is she an invitation?

Drop the line, animal, I say. Kylie is no invention either. She is my best and oldest friend from my childhood days. She used to be my neighbour in my home town. We went to school together for the first couple of years. She got married. She got divorced. She sold the house of her parents and moved to another town. But we never lost contact even though it was never that close until the day she first called from Connecticut…

You know what, Bromford Bibble, the llama asks. I could not care less. I do not care at all. I have to look out for that Easter Hare that is throwing coloured eggs and staring all the time.

Easter Bunny, Kylie shouts.

No, no, no, the llama screams. That monster is not a funny little bunny. That is a full grown hare. And I am afraid of hares everywhere they go. Make them go away.

The llama continues babbling in very whiny way.

And why is Louisiana called The Pelican State. And what is a Bayou? And why do pelicans not deliver babies when their beaks are much larger than storks' beaks? And why do doves keep on living near pelicans even when some of them got eaten by the pelican birds. And why am I afraid of pelicans and their wide wings?

I have to hang up. The llama's babbling is confusing me in a no good way.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Later that day the llama sends me a picture with following short message ...

Look what I found. The Easter Bunny is dead! 
I found this hatching Easter Dragon and it is spitting fire! 
Run for your life.

HAPPY EASTER !!!



1 comment: