Saturday, June 22, 2024

Strawberry Moon ...

 
Summer moved on…

Only a few days old, they are already getting shorter, these days of summer.

And the full moon is rising in the middle of the night. See the strawberry moon arriving.

»The moon looks like a strawberry?« the llama asks.

»Stop looking at my laptop screen, animal.«

»A moon like a strawberry? Isn't that too red? A little out of shape? Totally misshapen? The moon has to be a big yellow ball made of cheese…«

»Not again, animal. It has nothing to do with the colour or the shape of the moon. It's simply the full moon that arrives around strawberry harvest time, I think. Strawberry fields forever, animal. Strawberry fields forever.«

»Are you going to die, dude?«

»We all are going to die one day. But why do you ask, animal?«

»Strawberry fields is a graveyard, dude.«

»It is not a graveyard, animal. Strawberry Field was the name of a Salvation Army children's home close to John Lennon's childhood home in Woolton, a suburb of Liverpool. You know John Lennon? He wrote a song about this place in the late 60s for his world's most famous band…«

»The Rolling Stones? Wow!«

»Ah, leave me alone, you philistine.«

»Sorry, dude, but I don't collect stamps. Fancy a bowl of fresh strawberries with some whipped cream?«

»How could I say no to that…«

»OK, deal, dude. Go outside and get some.«

Why do our conversations always have to end this way?

🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓
🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓


Today is Saturday, the 22nd of June 2024.


Strawberry Moon

Yes, I′m being followed by a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow
Leaping and hopping on a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow

And if I ever lose my hands
Lose my plow, lose my land
Oh, if I ever lose my hands
Oh, if, I won't have to work no more

And if I ever lose my eyes
If my colours all run dry
Yes, if I ever lose my eyes
Oh, if, I won′t have to cry no more

Yes, I'm being followed by a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow
Leaping and hopping on a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow



No comments:

Post a Comment