Wednesday, February 01, 2023

E ar-drums …

 
Time flies.

You may know a dragonfly, and maybe fireflies as well.

But you have ever seen a donkey fly?

»Off! Off! Away! Away!«

While my companions try to console Claude Sideburns because he never was a real professor for archaeology his housekeeper Hildegrad is trying to scare away the sheep from the windowsill with a broom she brought in from the hallway.

All this is giving me a headache.

But from time to time I take a look at the green treasure map on the wooden stand between the two windows at the outside wall.

»Llama?« I ask the animal quietly. »Where again did you find that treasure-map?«

»In the attic«, the animal answers.

Time really flies, doesn't it? When did we first talk about all those treasure maps in the messy living-room? It was April 2022, wasn't it?

»The attic of the apartment building on 666, Whitaker Lane, in Bromford, the friendly town by the bay and seaside?«

The llama nods while eating scones without cream.

»Does a penthouse have an attic?«

»It had one for a short time when I found all those treasure maps«, the llama says with a mischievous grin.

»Stop looking like that«, I say. »And don't talk about Bruno.«

»You almost ruined the secret message, didn't you?«

»Almost«, I agree.



Today is Wednesday, the 1st of February 2023.




Timeflies


No comments:

Post a Comment