Saturday, July 23, 2022

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 214

Today is Saturday, the 23rd of July 2022.

A cat with wry smile.
I like boldly smiling cat better.
A cat who boldly smiles where no cat has smiled before...

๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ
๐Ÿ˜ผ


One day I will forget all of this.

"Gone Bromford"

It's just a heartbreaking
I should have known that it would let me down
It's just a mind aching
I used to dream about this town

It was a sight to see
The place to be
Where the living is easy
And the kicks can always be found

It's such a shame about it
I used to think that it would feel so good
But who's to blame about it
So many creeps in Bromford

I'm in this dumb motel
Near the Taco Bell
Without a hope in hell
I can't believe that I'm still around

Ain't nothing new, in my life today
Ain't nothing true, it's all gone away

I've had too much cryin', seen too much grief
I'm sick of tryin', it's beyond belief
I'm tired of talking on the telephone
They're trying to tell me that they're not at home

Ain't nothing new, in my life today

I'm tired of walking from place to place
I've yet to come across a friendly face
And now the words sound familiar,
As they slam the door
"You're not what we're looking for"

Ain't nothing new, in my life today
Ain't nothing true, it's all gone away

If we only had time, only had time for you
If we only had time, only had time for you
If we only had time, only had time for you

It was a heartbreaking
Now I ride in a big fine car
It was a mind aching
Yeah, I'm the talk of the boulevard

So keep your chin up boy
Forget the pain
I know you'll make it
If you try again
There's no use in quitting
When the world is waiting for you


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Supertramp - Gone Hollywood

      Tinseltown all over again...

      Delete
  2. I am not Anonymous... I am the man with the saxophone... ๐ŸŽท

    ReplyDelete
  3. 318 songs about 164 different cities (and places).

    Hollywood, again. LA still second in this list...

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Chicago IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montrรฉal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Miami II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Malice I
    San Josรฉ I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orlรฉans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Kansas City I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I

    ๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™

    ReplyDelete