Sunday, February 28, 2016

Knock! Knock!


- Knock! Knock!

# Who's there?

- Broken pencil.

# Broken pencil who?

- Never mind. It's pointless.

# Why in English, Sir?

- Why not?

# This is not your mother tongue, I presume.

- And this is my fatherland neither. But I
keep repeating myself.

# Do you, Sir?

- I don't have my mother's tongue. And I
certainly don't have my father's eyes. Not in a
box. At least not in a fridge nor a freezer.

# That's kind of disturbing, if you want my
opinion, Sir.

- I got hit by a bus – an English one, red,
double-decker – when I was just a very little
beaver. And now every now and then and
from time to time I turn into an English
speaking and writing were-bus. But you can
call me Bromford. Bromford Bibble.

# Is that your real name, Sir?

- Who knows? You can call me "Deatheater"
if you like.

# "Death eater" like in JK Rowling's and
Lord Voldemort's death eaters?

- If you like. Although they are named after
the beefeaters.

# So you are Guard of the Tower of London
and Her Majesty's Royal Palace, Sir?

- Never said that. And let's come back to
"Deatheater". Sometimes I feel like an
invention of a guy who uses or used to use
that nickname in a chat. And it had something
to do with Harry and Potter.

# But where are you, Bromford Bibble?

- Who knows.
And shut up! I'm not inside your bar anymore.

# I'm your bartender not a plot device, Sir!

2 comments: