Monday, February 08, 2016

Always be torn apart…


I keep getting notes from a Brimstone Bibble who claims to be my brother.

He wants to know where I am.

And he wants me to come home or at least back to where I came from.

But is he real?

I don't think so.

He is more like the little devil sitting on one of my shoulders.
The dark voice that always gives bad advice. And smells like brimstone.

But if he is the devil who is the angelic figure on my other shoulder
wearing its halo and singing those heavenly chorals?

What do they want me to do? Where are they pulling me?

I am in heaven and hell.

"Your time may come.
Do not be too sad, Bromford.
You cannot be always torn in two.
You will have to be one and whole, for many years.
You have so much to enjoy and to be, and to do."

Ah, hug yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment