Friday, January 24, 2020

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 92


Today is Friday, the 24th of January 2020.

Alphabetically Friday is the first day of the week.

Good Evening ...


"Bromford Harbor Blues"

As I try to fill all of my empty days
I stumble round on through my memory's maze
Of all my past, only the sadness stays

I was moping down by the bridge
I rode a bike in the snow to the mini-mart
I thought of the ways that I've broke my own heart

It's not for me to fill the blue sea with tears
But when I think back on all the wasted years
All the good cheer and all of the charm disappears

I wore the exact same clothes for five days
The bailbondsman gave me a smile
I was just thinking of only my sins all the while

As I try to fill all of my empty days
I stumble round on through my memory's maze
Of all my past, only the sadness stays


*
*

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Your answer is...
      Your answer is...
      Your answer is...

      CORRECT !!!

      The Fiery Furnaces - Benton Harbor Blues

      Delete
    2. Even in the deepest shaft there always is time for statistics...

      1+ for Benton...

      144 songs about 71 different cities (and places).

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I) ***

      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood III)
      Berlin IIIIIII
      London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      Amsterdam IIIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      Bethlehem III
      New Orleans III
      Budapest II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Memphis II
      Warsaw II
      Rome II
      Manchester II
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      West Palm Beach I
      Hong Kong I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Jerusalem I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Washington I
      Gloucester I
      Acapulco I
      Calgary I
      Seattle I
      Blackfield I
      Omaha I
      Gainesville I
      Tijuana I
      Santiago I
      Saint Malo I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Brownsville I
      Mason City I
      Benton I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete