Friday, October 25, 2019

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 82

Today is Quizday, the 25th of October 2019.

The "5" on this dirty and sticky keyboard is blocked. Should I try to put it in the dishwasher?

Well, well, well, let's think about it...



"Bromford"

It's hard to remember Pittsburgh properly
It's hard to recall what I did in D.C
No vivid remembrance of things in L.A
The times and the places have all slipped away

In one too brief minute
My mind saw it all
The time and the place
Twelve o'clock noon

Bromford
Bromford

It seems that I found everything that I wanted
All in Bromford
Everything's there my love and my laughter
It's all in Bromford

I'm going back to Bromford
My Bromford
I'm going back to Bromford
Oh my Bromford

The rest of the world doesn't matter
When you find what you're after

Bells and candles – clocks that chime
Ribbons glass - lights that shine
Coloured paper – shiny beads
Everything that I need
You gave to me
In Bromford






3 comments:

  1. Omaha...and a late birthday greeting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omaha's Birthday? ;-)

      Dawn McCarthy & Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Omaha

      But I think this is a cover version of an Everly Brothers song.

      Delete
    2. Omaha? Is that even a city?

      110 songs about 62 different cities (and places).

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIII and Chelsea I) ***

      Los Angeles IIIIIIII (including Hollywood II)
      Berlin IIIIIII
      London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      Amsterdam IIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      Bethlehem III
      Budapest II
      New Orleans II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Memphis II
      Warsaw II
      Rome II
      Manchester II
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      West Palm Beach I
      Hong Kong I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Jerusalem I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Washington I
      Gloucester I
      Acapulco I
      Hamburg I (including Wilhelmsburg I)
      Calgary I
      Seattle I
      Blackfield I
      Omaha I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete