Thursday, February 21, 2019

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 46


Today is Thursday, the 21st of February 2019.

Feels like late November or something... Oh, this year is so...

My name is Harald Paslewski. I am here to apologize...

But this is not the right time and space for that.


"On A Thursday In Bromford Long Ago"

A picture of Bromford
Bare trees under glass
Framed in the gray and white afternoon light
Of a winter long past
When I was a raiser
To Dublin I'd roam
She was a bareback rider
Some miles from home
Come back to me
She's a carnival diver
Hung in the sky
Cutting through time like a memory
Strung on a wire
The color of anything
Fades in the air
But she is the film of a book of the story
Of the smell of her hair
Come back to me
When every thing's over
And every thing's clear
When everyone's older
And no one is here
I try to remember
A girl on a wire
Tumbling and diving above Stephen's Green
Like a kite on the air
Come back to me...



3 comments:

  1. Long time ago in Amsterdam...on a Thursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And because the llama is really busy right now... Statitics...

      74 songs about 45 different cities (and places):

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan III and Chelsea I) ***

      Los Angeles IIIIII (including Hollywood II)
      Berlin IIIIII
      Amsterdam IIIII
      San Francisco III
      Budapest II
      London II (including Londinium I)
      Manchester I
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Rome I
      Bethlehem I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Memphis I
      Babylon I (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      Warsaw I
      West Palm Beach I
      New Orleans I
      Hong Kong I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Jerusalem I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I

      Not even a (real) city or place:
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete
  2. At the ports of Amsterdam... CHEEESE! :D

    Counting Crows - On A Tuesday In Bromford Long Ago

    Yes, I know, every day is Thursday...

    ReplyDelete