Sunday, July 21, 2024

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 297 / Sturgeon Moon ...

 Today is Sunday, the 21st of July, 2024.

Colourful tropical fish
are swimming in circles
under a midday full moon
in tropical waters.

Do they know what a sturgeon looks like?

The answer is not the obvious.
And it is not Earth.
Let's say this time it's a small village in Cornwall...

🐠🐠🐠🐠🐠🐠🐠
🐠🐠🐠🐠🐠🐠🐠
🐠🐠🐠🐠🐠🐠🐠

"Suite Charlotte Pike
I: If She Runs
II: Mr. Wonderful
III: Lost And Found Pt.1
IV: Bromford Of The Gods
V: Motherless Children-If She Runs (Reprise)"

I: If She Runs

If she runs, let her run, run, run
Just hope that she comes back
If she breaks let her break, break, break
Let apologies attract

And is she's free let her be, let her be
She's not in such bad company
The big man's still got her name written on the wall

If she cries let her cry, cry, cry
'Till there isn't anymore
If she laughs, let her cra-a-ack
If that's what she's looking for

And if she waits, let her wait, wait, wait
You'll have to leave this one to fate
It can't ever be too late, when she comes to call

It's Hard -- living with such uncertainty
It's Hard -- climbing the Statue of Liberty
It's Hard -- calming the Beatle inside of me
It's Hard -- missing my Max and Melody

II: Mr. Wonderful

Her lips were ruby red
She had a pretty head
Not even once did she miss Sunday school
Remember what mama said, "Stick to the rules"

This boy was something else
Someone she knew so well
Echoes of snakes in paradise
Saw the strangest fire burning in his eyes

His name is wonderful
And it's wonderful, just to be near him
His name is majesty
And his majesty's requesting your presence

He took her for a ride
Into the starless night
Talked about far away places he's been
Could take her down to the city of sin

"Grab it while you are young
Trust me there's nothing wrong"
But she feared what was 'round the bend
Said "thank you, but no thanks, 'cause I've got a friend"

His name is wonderful
And it's wonderful, just to be near him
His name is majesty
And his majesty's requesting your presence
III: Lost and Found Pt. 1

Don't you think if you could be lost
Don't you think you can be found
Don't you think if you were the world, you'd turn it around
Don't you start looking behind
Best stand up cause this is your time
Don't you think that you'd better start changing your mind

IV: Bromford of The Gods

In the Bromford of the Gods
We can get it on
In the Bromford of the Gods
We will make our home
Far from these Boulevards
We will plunge headlong
In the Bromford of the Gods
We will sing this song

Give up all the reasons that you know
Slide down where the time runs nice and slow
Ease back and relax
No figures and no fax
Awakening the stranger in your soul
In the Bromford of the Gods
We can get it on
In the Bromford of the Gods
We will make our home
Far from these Boulevards
We will plunge headlong

We will sing our song

V: Motherless Children/If She Runs (Reprise)

Left the countryside for the city
She resides now on the second floor
No more gardening in the backyard
Busy keepin' the wolves from the door

Motherless children, ain't going nowhere
Running in circles, time after time
Careless, confused, frozen and faithless
Dreaming this dream to ease in your mind

And if she runs
Let her run
Come on cause now the time has come
The big man's got the mother and the son
Written on the wall

Don't want to hear it now...









πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•
πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•
πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•


Sturgeon Moon

Yes, I′m being followed by a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow
Leaping and hopping on a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow

And if I ever lose my hands
Lose my plow, lose my land
Oh, if I ever lose my hands
Oh, if, I won't have to work no more

And if I ever lose my eyes
If my colours all run dry
Yes, if I ever lose my eyes
Oh, if, I won′t have to cry no more

Yes, I'm being followed by a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow
Leaping and hopping on a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow

And if I ever lose my legs
I won't moan, and I won′t beg




6 comments:

  1. Nope... πŸ™

    "Suite Charlotte Pike
    :
    :
    :
    : Bromford Of The Gods
    :

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some villages, towns and cities and unincorporated communites all over the globe with this name... And thank goodness, no song with the name "Pike" in my collection... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temple it is... πŸ‘
    Transatlantic:
    Suite Charlotte Pike
    I: If She Runs
    II: Mr. Wonderful
    III: Lost And Found Pt.1
    IV: Temple Of The Gods
    V: Motherless Children-If She Runs (Reprise)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Temple?

    458 songs about 217 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem II and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I and Hampstead I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIIII
    Eden IIIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Paris IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    Baltimore IIII
    Earth IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Berkeley III
    Tijuana III
    Mars III
    Venus III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Copenhagen II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Istanbul II
    Oklahoma II
    Buffalo II
    Pittsburgh II
    Brighton II
    Singapore II
    Santiago II
    Liverpool II
    Tupelo II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolulu I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Indiana I
    Reno I
    Quantico I
    Syracuse I
    Innisfree I
    Marrakesh I
    Clare I
    Coconut Grove I
    San Antonio I
    Antioch I
    Minneapolis I
    Evergreen I
    Brisbane I
    Boston I
    Romulus I
    Trondheim I
    Santa Ana I
    Birmingham I
    Ibiza I
    Temple I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete