Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Bromford and Kangaroo …


- NO?

* NO!

- No, I see it. I cannot pick this animal.

* It would be wrong for so many
reasons. Pick it and I will call Marc-Uwe.
Or Friedrich-Wilhelm. Or Hertha.
Or the Hauptman or Captain or
whatever this rank is called in Klingon
military.


- It's not plagiarism, it's a homage!

* A what?

- Call it a tribute. I am not stealing.
There won't be any Kangaroo
Chronicles from my side. But isn't my
tiny, little blockblog without any
readers and its homaging tendencies
a little better than a book called
The Elephant Epics by an author called
Quark-Uwe Klingeling, obviously
copying and an imitation, a rip-off in
so many ways?

* Why don't we leave Marc-Uwe Kling
alone?


- And his kangaroo?

* And his kangaroo, who would start
a discussion about ownership
relationships and the system of
capitalism in general right after you
would have called it 'his' kangaroo.
And Bromford, my human companion
and - yes, I dare to say - my friend,
why don't you give up your great
plan? Why start searching for a new
animal companion? Hasn't the Great
Coincidence brought you the best
animal companion, already?


- Nah, don't think so, animal. This will
be the beginning of the cha… cha…
cha… changes I was talking about
earlier and David Bowie was singing
about.

* But what will become of me if you
find a new companion? Would you
ask me to leave your penthouse and
your life, dude?


- You could go back to where you
came from, animal. Live a life of
nature and freedom, the life of a wild
rover all over again.

* Back to Vietnam?

- You are not the Kangaroo, not a
former member of the Vietcong and
no former foreign worker in the GDR -
The German Democratic Republic.
And you do not have a bottomless
kanagroo's pouch.

* Sorry, dude. I tend to forget that.
Another cup of oats tea, dear? I can
fly and make another pot.

 

And as the animal is leaving the living-room I can hear it mumble,

»And the human dude on the picture is still too thin and too young.«

🔠🔠🔠🔠🔠🔠

Today is Tuesday, the 6th of February 2024.

2 comments: