Monday, February 21, 2022

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 195

Today is Monday, the 21st of February 2022.


Beavers like trees. So do squirrels ...
Think about it.

🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿

 

"Bromford City"

 

The river is deep and the river is wide

And the girl that I love is on the other side

She wants to move to Bromford City

Move to Bromford City

Move, pretty baby, where the sky is so blue

 

She's walking down Ellum, turning down Main

Trying to find someone to sell her cocaine

She wants to move to Bromford City

Move to Bromford City

Move, pretty baby, where the sky is so blue

 

With a dayful of promises dead on her lips

Mark 15: 34 tucked next to her hip

She wants to move to Bromford City

Move to Bromford City

Move, pretty baby, where the sky is so blue

 

 

Well, I jumped in the water and started to drown

I thought of her walking and turned back around

I want to move to Bromford City

Move to Bromford

I want, pretty baby, where the sky is so blue

 

With her pair of old wings that opened just once

She can walk on two feet now, she can go where she wants

She can even move to Bromford City

Move to Bromford City

Move, pretty baby, where the sky is so blue

 

And I'll tell you one thing that you should never do

Never let no woman tell you she loves you

Sure she'll call you "baby", she'll look in your eye

Then she'll get on that airplane and wave bye bye bye bye bye bye

Bye bye baby, baby bye bye

Bye Bye baby, so long next time

So long next time

 

And if I could believe what I want to believe

I'd hold you all close and take you with me

All of you to Bromford City

You to Bromford City

And me, yeah, where the sky is so blue

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Where the sky is so blue ...

      Okkervil River - Kansas City

      Delete
  2. Welcome, Kansas City...

    299 songs about 154 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Chicago IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Baltimore II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Miami II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Kansas City I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete